الجمعة، 1 مايو 2020

Quarantine catch-up: At home with Lebanese fashion star Shirine Zaatari

Author: 
Fri, 2020-05-01 11:08

DUBAI: As people around the world stay at home amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, we catch up with our favorite stars who answer a quickfire round of questions about their time in self-isolation.

UAE-based influencer Shirine Zaatari has been catching up on her favorite shows, home-schooling her children and spending quality time with her family.

How has self-isolation been for you so far?

It hasn’t been easy. This is the first time that we have all been stuck in the house alone. It is a bit challenging.

What is the biggest challenge?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Just being able to breath is a gift to be thankful for #Earthday

A post shared by Shirine Zaatari Halwani (@byshirine) on

Definitely home-schooling. I have two kids and I am spending almost two hours with each one. You have to do everything. You have to cook; lunch has to be ready on time and you have to be ready for Zoom (video communications platform). It is a lot for the parents.

What is something positive that has happened in your life due to self-isolation?

Definitely staying home with them. I used to stay outside the house for quite some time, so now the time we are spending together they are helping me cook and bake sometimes. So, we are doing more things together.

What are you currently watching in self-isolation?

I watched “Money Heist.” I watched all of it, not just the new season. It is all new to me and I enjoyed it so much. And “Friends,” as usual, because I am so addicted to “Friends.” “Matilda,” I watched it like a thousand times since the beginning of the isolation. And “Shrek.”

What are you eating? Have you tried cooking anything new?

I cook a lot. I’ve been cooking the usual: Spaghetti, chicken curry, warak enab (Lebanese stuffed grape leaves), everything. I am keeping the new food for Ramadan. I am going to get creative during this month.

How are you keeping fit?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Where I'd rather be... In the mean time, Stay home,stay safe @bulgari @bulgarihotels

A post shared by Shirine Zaatari Halwani (@byshirine) on

I am trying to be active because I am already active. I am trying to clean a room every day. I try to balance as much as I can. I try to see what we no longer need from our old clothes. I am trying to do the things that I usually do not have time to do.

How are you staying social?

Zoom now since everyone is on Zoom. I also talk to my parents on Botim.

Any tips for bored readers?

I have a few books that I would recommend for them to read: “Ikigai,” “The Spy” and “The Prophet.”

In self-isolation, are you relaxed, or do you feel the need to be extra productive?

Honestly, I don’t like to sit in my PJs all day long. I feel depressed when I do that. So, I am trying to wake up and shower, then cook, then teach. I do not like sitting on the sofa all day. I did it the first few days and it didn’t feel good, so I felt I needed to be active even if I am sitting at home.

Are you living in your PJs, or taking the time to get dressed up?

Not dressy, but in comfortable house wear and not PJs.

Main category: 
https://ift.tt/2Wf1Pfz May 01, 2020 at 09:17AM

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.