الخميس، 31 أكتوبر 2019

Where We Are Going Today: Oah Amal

Author: 
Fri, 2019-11-01 04:05

During a short visit to the Sharqiah Season festival in Eastern Province, a colleague took me to “a place where you’ll experience the real Al-Ahsa region.”

He was not wrong; the moment I stepped through the gate of Oah Yamal restaurant in Dammam, my hands moved instinctively to take photos of every detail, from the intricately carved gate and glass-cased antiques such as cameras and radios, to the colorful geometric shapes painted on the stairs.

The menu selection was amazing too, bearing a collection of Gulf dishes I was unfamiliar with. These included jareesh and harees (made of ground wheat and meat, then seasoned), chicken mashkool (chicken served with rice and mixed with potatoes, onions and tomatoes), mutabeq (pancake stuffed with minced meat or cheese) and momawash (mostly served with shrimp and mung beans).

The restaurant also catered for seafood-lovers, and I found the lobster to be delicious.

Oah Yamal is a great place to impress visiting friends, and I will be back with my family who are big fans of traditional food.

Main category: 
Where We Are Going Today: Sloan’s ice cream parlor in JeddahWhere We Are Going Today: Suplift https://ift.tt/33fFu45 October 31, 2019 at 02:05AM

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.